Tuesday, April 24, 2012
The Best Chilli Recipe
Those who like to cook chilli always want to discover that one chilli recipe that will have their family and friends talking about for ages and maybe even impress a few chilli contest judges.
Below is one of the best chilli recipe for you to try and I think you everyone who is involved will be well impressed
• 4-5 lbs. ground beef of your choice
• ¼ cup of olive oil if needed to brown meat
• 64 ozs. V8 Juice for 4-5 lbs.
• 1 onion for each pound of meat
• 1/4 cup of brown sugar or honey
• 1 bell pepper for each lb. of meat
• 2-3 cloves garlic for each lb. of meat
• 3 jalapenos or 1 habanera
• 2 tablespoons cumin
• ½ cup finely chopped parsley or cilantro
• 2 tablespoons of chilli powder (your favourite)
• 1 teaspoon of celery seed
• 1 bay leaf for each pound of meat
• 1 - 16 oz. can dark kidney beans for each lb. of meat
• salt and pepper to taste
• 10 mushrooms per pound of meat
• 1 tablespoon of the SECRET INGREDIENT
Ground beef or ground round should be at least 80% lean. Brown ground beef with olive oil.
Salt and Pepper to taste throughout the recipe.
After meat is browned, add onions, bell peppers, bay leaves and garlic.
Add secret ingredient.
Add chopped mushrooms.
Add celery seed.
Add brown sugar or honey.
V8 juice is added next.
Cook down for about 10 minutes at a simmer.
Add beans last and cook them until they are done to your taste.
Cook this entire batch of chilli until you get it coming up. Bubble a little. Do not boil. Turn it off and let it sit. You can even let it sit so long that it gets cold.
Then reheat it.
Siphon off the grease when it cools - the whitish looking stuff on the top.